Wednesday 16 October 2013

My Stonebaked Pizza

 
PIZZA (makes two)
For the dough:
  • 250g strong white flour
  • One 7g sachet instant
    (fast-action) yeast
  • 5g table salt
  • 160g tepid water (yes, grams!)
  • 20g olive oil
For the topping:
  • two tins of Italian Plumb Tomatoes
  • Two packets of mozzarella cheese (cheap is good)
  • Toppings to taste – I like fresh basil and extra





Making the dough is a standard process. 



I chose to use a cake tin bottom covered with semolina to transfer the pizza from table to oven.

 
 
I waited an hour for the dough to double in size.
 
 
I decided to quarter the dough.  This seems to give the right amount of dough for a smallish pizza.
 
 
I watched a Jamie Oliver video which showed a good way of creating the tomato sauce. 
 

After watching a good Youtube video about how to stretch the dough out, I made a rather pleasing thin pizza base.  I made sure that I had left about a half an inch of un-stretched crust around the edge.

 
Next it was time to spread the sauce in a circular fashion, ready to add the cheese and fresh basil.

 
Coating the crust with a drizzle od olive oil would allow it to give a nice crispy crust.

 
 
 
Using a baking stone seems to give the pizza a lovely crispy base.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment